Boston Globe –
Companies lower health care and workplace accident costs with a unique scratch-off gamecard. â€“ Clients include ConAgra, 3M, Nestle, DoubleTree, Tyson Foods, and Toyoda Gosei.
In a time when employers and employees are scratching their heads on how to reduce healthcare costs, some have found a fun scratch-off gamecard to just do the trick. Kansas City based Wellness Jackpot Inc. is now marketing a patent-pending online Wellness Incentive platform that rewards electronic scratch-off gamecards for meeting set Wellness or Safety criteria. Companies have experienced an unprecedented increase in Wellness and Safety engagement and healthcare cost reduction. In addition, short-term return on investment is often achieved by workplace accident or absenteeism reduction. Accidents are lowered by over 60% in many cases when this component is included in the rewarding criteria.
TG Missouri, a 1400 employee Toyota parts manufacturer/distributor based in Perryville, MO has seen the results first-hand. The company rewards their employees for Biometric Screening, Health Risk Assessment, and exercise tracking among other wellness behaviors. Several TG Missouri employees have already won big-ticket drawings. Excitement continues to grow as employees redeem gamecard points for name-brand merchandise and entries into the National Sweepstakes where they can win up to a Million Dollars. Renee Jannin of TG commented, â€śWellness Jackpot is exciting and fun! Our corporation was looking for an incentive program that included health and safety awareness and Wellness Jackpot has both. Employees learn about living healthy while playing a fun game.â€ť The companyâ€™s corporate office Toyoda Gosei North America, after learning of the Missouri plantâ€™s success, is now in talks with Wellness Jackpot to potentially roll the program out to their 10 plants across the country.
Wellness programs such as Wellness Jackpot have indeed proven to offer healthcare cost relief. A recent report by a team of Harvard University health economists, published in the journal Health Affairs, found that the average medical cost savings for money invested in wellness programs was $3.27 in savings for every dollar invested. The report’s finding was based on an analysis of more than 20 peer-reviewed ROI studies. â€śIncluding safety and/or attendance rewards has proven to gain even stronger ROI especially in the short term… many times this can pay for an entire wellness campaign within just a few short months,â€ť commented Buck Peavey, President / CEO of Peavey Corp. (Wellness Jackpotâ€™s parent company).
Prior to the Wellness Jackpot portal, companies typically have rewarded manual incentive points for wellness or safety behaviors. â€śThis gamecard system which gives employees chances at huge cash drawings and vacation packages has outperformed the old point programs ten-fold,â€ť Peavey added. Peavey Corp., which has been in business for over sixty years, has conducted several engagement studies. â€śWe have found that 55% of the population is more motivated by the chance to win big, such as a sweepstakes-type drawing, the other 45% is more motivated by smaller tangible rewards for goal achievement.â€ť Peavey further added, â€śTo achieve employee engagement you must have a program that hits everyoneâ€™s hot button, not just a select fewâ€¦. By using a game format that includes fun, rewards, and even humorâ€¦ We have created a program that works and has much greater impact than the old, standard, â€śpoints-basedâ€ť programs we used to market.â€ť
About Wellness Jackpot
Wellness Jackpot (http://www.wellnessjackpot.com) is a division of the Peavey Corporation North America (http://www.peaveycorp.com). The company has been an innovator and leader in the multibillion-dollar incentive industry since 1951. The unique gamecard â€śJACKPOTâ€ť system has worked for thousands of clients, encompassing most industries. The program has been successful in over 11 countries. Wellness Jackpot (Patent-pending) is the worldâ€™s first and only online wellness portal to offer a scratch-off gamecard reward system. The company has recently integrated other Wellness components such as Health Risk Assessments, Nutrition, and Weight Management tracking and rewarding into the award-winning wellness portal. The company is well known in the safety industry for its award-winning Safety Jackpot incentive system created over two decades ago (http://www.safetyjackpot.com).